Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Smoking – An Introduction

Smoking – Is it cool or is it for fools. Well this is different from what I usually write about. But I thought that I might use my experience to talk about what it is and what it means. Also, it is a nice rebirth to my blog which was just not to my liking.

angelina-jolie-smoking-a-cigar

So, Smoking, according to the Wikipedia, is a practice in which a substance, most commonly Tobacco or Cannabis is burned and the smoke is tasted or inhaled. This is primarily practised as a route of administration for recreational drug use. Combustion releases active substances such as Nicotine and allows them to be absorbed to the lungs. It is also done as part of rituals to induce trances and “spiritual enlightenment.”

Sounds simple doesn’t it. But I don’t think this description is good enough to actually explain the beauty and the horror of smoking.

Being an ex smoker myself, I have to say that I still have a soft corner for smoking and I find it incredibly sexy. In fact I loved it so much that being apart from it is so heart breaking that whenever i write about a character or in every story that I write, the main character, whichever is close to my heart, is a smoker. I mean, just look at the image above, granted, Angelina Jolie and make sitting on the toilet with diarrhoea look sexy but still. It is pretty sexy, smoking.

I am sure that if you are a smoker, you would agree with me and if not you will be cursing me right now. But this is a continuous blog post that I am going to do so please don’t be so quick to judge.

I am going to talk here, about how I got into smoking, how it affected my life and how it affected others’ life. And finally, how I managed to quit. But before I get to the quitting part I have to write my ode to this disgusting habit. Which is why this long drawn process.

But what I hope you will do is I hope I can convince you to quit smoking. For those who haven’t started smoking yet but want to,  I hope to convince you never to smoke. And for those who are already thinking about quitting smoking, I hope to hold your hand through it and offer you tips as someone who has gone through the difficulty and trouble of quitting.

TA.

VC.

No comments: